Molybdenum 150µg - 90 tablets

Molybdenum: essential trace element and component of important enzymes

What is molybdenum?

Molybdenum is one of the trace elements, which are essential for humans, because the organism is not able to synthesise it itself and is therefore dependent on an adequate supply through food.
The human body contain approx. 8 to 10 milligrams of molybdenum; 60% of which can be found in the skeleton. The other 40% are contained in the kidneys, lungs, liver and skin.

Molybdenum in food

The trace element molybdenum occurs primarily in plant-based foods such as legumes, wheat germs and aromatic plants (chives, parsley, dill). However, offal and eggs also contain noteworthy amounts of molybdenum.
Another important source of molybdenum is drinking water.

Molybdenum: component of important enzymes

One of those enzyme is, for example, sulphite oxidase, which converts unfavourable sulphites into harmless sulphates.
Sulphites occur primarily in alcoholic beverages, cured meats as well as in dried and sulphured fruits and many other industrially processed foods. Sulphurous medication (e.g. antibiotics, tranquilisers, cardiovascular and asthma medicines, painkillers and others) may also contain sulphites.
Molybdenum is also important for the enzyme xanthine oxidase. It breaks down xanthine, which develops during the breakdown of purines. In turn, xanthine is converted into uric acid by the enzyme xanthine oxidase. Purine-rich foods include meat, sausage products, asparagus and beer.
The liver needs a sufficient amount of the molybdenum-dependent enzyme aldehyde oxidase to break down alcohol.
Furthermore, some enzymes containing molybdenum are essential for the fat metabolism, for mobilising iron and copper and the oxygen metabolism.
Molybdenum is also regarded as an important enzyme component, which is involved in the formation of DNA and RNA and the energy generation from fat.
Molybdenum takes part in the storage of fluorine in the dental enamel and is able to support the prevention of caries.

Why molybdenum is able to prevent an unwell feeling

In case someone with a low molybdenum level drinks sulphurous alcoholic beverages (such as wine), it is almost certain that they will feel unwell the next day.
Molybdenum is part of the enzyme sulphite oxidase, which means that it is able to break down the sulphites from alcoholic beverages and to prevent an unwell feeling. It is also of importance for the enzyme aldehyde oxidase (alcohol breakdown in the liver).

Benefits of the molybdenum tablets by Fairvital

  • supports the prevention of caries
  • involved in the breakdown of sulphites
  • tip for an unwell feeling after alcohol consumption
  • vegan
  • small tablets, easy to swallow
  • without magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide

Content: 90 tablets

Recommended intake:
Adults 1 tablet daily with a meal and plenty of water.

Do not exceed the indicated recommended daily dosage. Food supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet. Keep out of the reach of small children.

One tablet molybdenum contains / %NRV*:
molybdenum 150µg / 300%

*NRV: nutrient reference values as per EU regulation

Ingredients: bulking agent microcrystalline cellulose, sodium molybdate

 

tablet size  
Length 9mm
Width 5mm




To rate Fairvital dietary supplements, please log in with your customer account. Thank you!

We recommend

Liver vitamins – 60 tablets

Liver vitamins – 60 tablets

29,95 € - 34,45 €

32,20 € per 100 gram

incl. 21 % VAT excl. shipping costs

Milk thistle - 100 capsules

Milk thistle - 100 capsules

24,95 € - 29,45 €

62,37 € per 100 gram

incl. 6 % VAT excl. shipping costs

NAC 250mg - 90 capsules

NAC 250mg - 90 capsules

16,95 € - 19,95 €

33,90 € per 100 gram

incl. 6 % VAT excl. shipping costs

Glycine 500mg - 120 capsules

Glycine 500mg - 120 capsules

21,95 € - 24,95 €

25,23 € per 100 gram

incl. 6 % VAT excl. shipping costs

Molybdenum 150µg - 90 tablets

items
Buy now!

bulk discount

Quantity unit price per 100 gram
1-1 14,95 €* 55,37 €*
2-3 14,45 €* 53,52 €*
4-5 13,95 €* 51,67 €*
>= 6 13,45 €* 49,81 €*